SES Toronto – Is Twitter A Time Waster?
- Strive for transparent conversation and followers.
- Share blog posts through RSS feeds
- Train employees on Twitter, but don’t force them to use it.
- Share industry links from content partners
- Have contests and promotions via Twitter to increase sales.
“If you build a strong following, you’ll leverage your other social media campaigns effectively.” – Dave Snyder
- The system is still unstable
- Getting CEO buy-in is difficult
- Managing the noise related to Twitter can be hard
- Getting your message to break through all the noise.
- You can use twitter to get out of jail.
- You can use twitter to propose marriage
- Crowdsourcing and Polling
- Finding Information and People
- Managing and monitoring your reputation
- Building one on one relationships with clients
Chris did a great presentation on Twitter using…Twitter. I thought it was very clever. He went right to the source and asked the Twitterverse some questions about whether or not Twitter is a time waster. You can see the eloquent and funny responses from Chris’ presentation here.
The Consensus: It’s how you use Twitter that counts.
There you have it folks.